The Cosy Thame project is all about encouraging and enabling everyone to look at their home or business premises and work out how to insulate it from the cold. Keep the heat in and keep the fuel bills low.
Thame has a thermal imaging camera provided by Thame Green Living and bought with a grant from Low Carbon Hub Oxford
If you want to see how much heat your home or business building is losing you’ve got two options:
- Train as a Thermal Champion. A free two-hour workshop teaches you how to use the camera and how to interpret the results. You’ll then be able to borrow the camera from Thame Town Hall. You’ll also be able to survey homes and business premises of other Thame residents. There are two workshops starting at 6:30pm at Thame Barns Centre:
- Contact a Thermal Champion to carry out the survey for you. You’ll be asked for a £10 donation to Thame Green Living. To contact a Thermal Champion email Cosy Thame: [email protected]
The thermal imaging survey works best when it’s really cold outside, below 3c, and you’ve got your heating on. That way the difference in temperature shows up really clearly.
History: In our pilot phase in 2022 we arranged a fly over of Thame by Rubicon Drones with a Thermal Imaging camera followed by Thermal Imaging of individual buildings both residential and business.
Here are links to some of the videos we’ve created so far:
- Youens Drive: https://youtu.be/tsmu8QLI70k
- Park Terrace: https://youtu.be/IO7gUTAiOAs
- Holliers Close: https://youtu.be/vtH9KtmnOOE
- Hamilton Road: https://youtu.be/KC3B93Cy0TM
We were unable to get round all the houses that requested a thermal image 2022 because we could only borrow a camera for a few weeks. Thanks to Thame Green Living we can now survey far more properties in Thame. Read the news post on this.