Following a post on social media by a resident near Table Top, the green space along Hamilton Road on Lea Park, we contacted the resident and Thame Town Council to start discussions on whether some trees could be planted to replace the ones that were lost during recent storms.
The new Town Clerk and the other staff were very positive about the idea so we embarked on a project to retree the area.
The list of tasks to achieve this would then be :
- Confirmation from the Council that this was desirable and possible – DONE
- Ask the residents who live around the area what they would like to see – DONE
- Check with a tree expert what would be best – DONE
- Check with the Council that they will be able to maintain the trees into the future – DONE
- Obtain funding for the purchase of the trees, guards, stakes, mulch – DONE
- Confirm with the residents who have agreed to water the trees – DONE
- Decide on a date for planting – DONE – one tree on Thursday 10th November at 10am followed by the others on 23rd November from 9.30am
- Purchase the trees, guards, stakes, mulch – DONE
- Organise volunteers to plant – possibly including the sponsors themselves
- Stand back and admire
As of mid June 2022 we have achieved upto item 6.
If you would like to be part of the planting party or would like to join in with any other tree planting in and around Thame please do contact [email protected] and join our mailing list to be kept up to date.
For directions to the planting area :
The Tree on this map is where the planting will take place.